Tuesday, June 28, 2011

ModelCo Fiber Lash Brush On Mascara Review


I spotted this mascara kit while wandering around Arnotts (a department store in Dublin), and was instantly intrigued when the SA was showing me how to use it. The kit comes with two tubes, one longer containing the mascara and the other the fibers. 

When I first tried this kit on myself, I thought this has to be the best invention out there ever in the beauty world! Only after researching the concept of applying fibers on top of your mascara, did I realise that ModelCo mustn't be the first and only company who have come out with this idea. 

Application was super easy and fast. I found this was due to the mascara being pretty decent on its own, very lengthening with no clumping whatsoever (even after 6mths of using it, there is still no clumping). So, I first curled my lashes; I then applied a lash primer (I've used both Clinique's, and Dior's which I love!!!); then the mascara on top of that; then I pressed the fibers straight on my fresh mascara while it is wet; after that I went on to applying mascara on top of that, for an amazing result!!!! 

My lashes are next to non existent, even though I do try to take care of them with serums etc, they are still teeny. This is the only mascara that gives them the length I never had, the curl (which lasts the whole day btw), and the volume!!

Do they look like falsies? Yes! And especially if you build up the fibers twice, ie mascara, fibers, mascara, fibers, mascara.

The price is the only con I have found, I paid 35eur for mine, and this is apparently going to go up to 39eur or so. However, all things considered I am still really happy with this kit, and will buy in a heartbeat, because it is so amazing and because in the case that the mascara is dried up, you can still use the fibers with any other mascara and still have the same effect.

I have since tried Divaderme, and have been very unimpressed, with the main reasons being that the fibers are black instead of transparent like the ModelCo, there is a great fall out onto my cheeks and impossible to remove, and it defeats its main purpose since it doesn't do much at all for volumising, never mind the curling!

Disclaimer: I'd like to mention that I have purchased this product myself, have given my own honest opinion,  and am not affiliated with the company.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews