Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Urban Decay 15 Year Anniversary Eyeshadow Collection Palette - Review


I picked this up on Thursday in Debenhams in Dublin, and it didn't really look like they were scarce! Apparently they were meant to come out later on in the year, but they decided to see how they sell or something like that the SA was saying.

I was looking at reviews online for this Anniversary palette, and to be honest, I haven't been exactly impressed with it... Online the colours looked a bit dull, and not very exciting at all. I was still curious to see what it was like, so when I went in to Debenhams, I was half expecting to put it back on the shelf and keep walking. Obviously, that didn't happen and here I am reviewing it. :) 


The packaging is gorgeous looking and luxurious. The box containing the eyeshadows is made of purple velvet. When you open the box with eyeshadows, the top cover is a full mirror with a plastic cover protecting it. The tray of eyeshadows is removable, and is quite thin. So, when you actually get to use all eyeshadows, the box underneath the tray can be used as a jewelry box etc.





All the colours included in this palette are very usable, except for the bright pink maybe, and even that can be worked to look good. So, the fifteen colours that UD included in this Anniversary palette are:
  • Midnight Rodeo - medium metallic brown with silver and gold glitter, this one is the most likely one to have fall out of little glitters that are really messy to budge off your cheeks
  • Midnight 15 - oyster pearl with silver glitter
  • Vanilla - shimmery white gold
  • Flow - soft peach shimmer
  • Chase - metallic bright bronze
  • Tainted - pale matte purple with golden shimmer
  • Junkshow - bright pink with fuschia shift
  • Omen - shimmery metallic bright blue with blue shift, this looks more of a purple to me
  • Evidence - deep metallic blue
  • Deep End - bright teal shimmer
  • Deeper - deep shimmery golden brown
  • M.I.A. - soft shimmery dark brown
  • Ace - dark gunmetal shimmer 
  • Blackout - darkest, most saturated black
  • Half Truth - shimmery smoky purple.
All fifteen eyeshadows are full size, and at 45euro for the lot is a pretty good deal. The quality of these are great, and they live up the Urban Decay standards by being buttery smooth, creamy, blendeable, and very pigmented. 

When I was swatching these, it took me forever to wipe the colours off, and especially the darker ones! So this was a good indicator for me, that I have not come across an eyeshadow that would take so long to get off my hand.

Overall, I think this is an excellent buy, and I don't regret buying it even though I have enough eyeshadows to last a few lifetimes. It looks gorgeous, and I am pretty sure that I will get plenty of use out of it. :)

Disclaimer: I'd like to mention that I have purchased this product myself, have given my own honest opinion, and am not affiliated with the company.






















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews