Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Avon Extra Lasting Liquid Foundation in Nude Review


This is my very first foundation to try from Avon. What attracted me to this is its' promises of being super lasting!


Colour choice of this foundation is dreadful, and having to chose the colour from a catalogue, does not help at all! I asked for a sample of this in Nude, and this colour was pretty much spot on, so I went ahead and ordered the full size. Just to note that the sample was so so tiny, it wasn't enough for a full application, yet this was enough for me to see that colour is a good match.





There is nothing luxurious about the packaging of this foundation, it is a plain glass bottle with a black cap, very simple.



I do appreciate that they have it in a pump form, as even the likes of Estee Lauder don't bring their foundations out in a pump bottle.


Blendability of this foundation is great. I have so far applied it with a flat top brush and my fingers, and both ways are fine, giving a flawless complexion every time.

Coverage is medium to full, and very buildable.

I've set this with Mac's Prep & Prime Finishing powder, and Maybelline's Dream Matte powder, and it has lasted for the whole day, with no touch ups. 

In my opinion, the Extra Lasting from Avon is very comparable to Double Wear from Estee Lauder, but way easier to remove.

I do wish this shade was a bit more yellow, as it tends to be on the neutral side, but I'm happy that there are no pink undertones, and it does not oxidize on me.

The shade Nude in the Extra Lasting would be similar to Mac NC20/NC25, Estee Lauder Double Wear Sand, Dior 020, Yves Saint Laurent Teint Resist 5/7, just to name a few..



Overall, I am impressed with this foundation, and thumbs up for it! :)

Disclaimer: I'd like to mention that I have purchased this product myself, have given my own honest opinion, and am not affiliated with the company. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews