Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Lancome Juicy Tubes in Melon Review


I used to get Juicy Tubes in gift with purchase promotions, and I never liked them. Be it the chunky glitter, the gunky feel on my lips, or the disgusting smells. Those shades I think were the likes of Fraise, and at the time I guess I wasn't really into lipgloss.

They were doing another Lancome promotion in Arnotts, Dublin, where if you bought two products, one to be skincare, you get a gift, then if you bought a third product you get a full size toner or something like that. 

So, I was at the counter stuck for a third product, and I noticed this shade of Melon in Juicy Tubes. 

What attracted me was the absence of the infamous glitter, in fact Melon does not even have shimmers through it, which is nice for a change. The smell was delicious of melon! So, I said I may give those Juicy Tubes another chance. 

I went off to pay, and noticed on the receipt that this was only 10eur! I mentioned it to the person serving me, and was told that this was the special price they had for the Juicy Tubes' 10 year anniversary, and that the prices never went back to the full price after that. The price made me even happier, it was shocking since that's drugstore prices!!

I gave this a go when I left the shop, and I loved how smooth it went on, loved the smell, and the fact that the shade is very subtle, almost like a very faint pink, which goes perfectly with my own lip colour. This lasted through the rest of my shopping trip, and by the time I got home a few hours later, my lips or still shiny! By the time I went to bed, my lips felt very moisturised still.

I am overall very impressed with this particular shade of Juicy Tubes, but am unlikely to stray to another shade since most of them have chunky glitters, and a lot of shimmer, or colours that don't really suit me.



Disclaimer: I'd like to mention that I have purchased this product myself, have given my own honest opinion, and am not affiliated with the company.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews