Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Too Faced Pixie Pin Ups Eyeshadow Palette Review







This is another gorgeous palette by Too Faced that includes six eyeshadows that I find very versatile, a 3ml Shadow Insurance primer, a 4ml Lash Injection Pinpoint mascara in Pitch Black, and Lava Gloss Eyeliner in Black. 

The packaging alone is worth raving about, it's absolutely stunning! The top of the palette opens up to these charming three fairies' decoration with glitter and cardboard cutouts. The eyeshadows along with the mascara, eyeliner, and primer are in this pull-out drawer, which I find handy.




The six eyeshadows are:
  • Leading Lady - a creamy/peachy shimmery colour, similar to Mac's Shroom but way prettier and better blendability.
  • I Know What Boys Want - a light pink with subtle shimmers.
  • Lucky Charms - a light green with strong shimmer.
  • Heaven - this is a perfect base colour for all over the lid, it is a lovely ivory/light lemony colour in matte.
  • Like a Virgin - this is a perfect crease or lower lash line colour, it is a grey/brown matte colour, that is similar to Mac Print.
  • Erotica - this is a gorgeous dark grey/brown colour with some sparkles, this is the only colour from this palette that you will get some fall-out.


I find myself reaching for this palette often enough because of its versatility. I can use it for work, or glam it up for a night out. I would usually use a combination of Heaven all over the lid and brow bone, Leading Lady/Lucky Charms in the inner crease or on the lid, with Like a Virgin/Erotica in the crease. Since, I am not a fan of pink on my eyes in general, I don't really work with I Know What Boys Want.


This is just a quick look I did using Heaven all over lid, Lucky Charms on the inner lid, with Erotica in the crease of the eye. I used Benefit Eye Bright in the inner corner, and Urban Decay Rehab Shadow Pencil on the lower lash line.

I have use these eyeshadows on top ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer, and Urban Decay Primer Potion, and both held up the eyeshadows really well. 

Also, because these are so buttery smooth they are very forgiving when applying, and so are perfect for a beginner and advanced makeup junkies alike.

I cannot yet comment on the other products included with the palette, but I will come back and edit this post as soon as I have tried them all.




Overall, I highly recommend this palette, you'd get a lot of use and love out of it.

Disclaimer: I'd like to mention that I have purchased this product myself, have given my own honest opinion, and am not affiliated with the company. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews